Thermography Resource Page
1. Gautherie M. Thermopathology of breast cancer: measurement and analysis of
in vivo temperature and blood flow.
2. Gautherie M. Thermobiological assessment of benign and malignant breast
3. Lin QY, Yang HQ, Xie SS, Wang YH, Ye Z, Chen SQ. Detecting early breast
tumour by finite element thermal analysis.
4. Lawson RN, Chughtai MS. Breast Cancer and Body Temperature.
5. Plotnikoff G, Carolyn T. Emerging controversies in breast imaging: is there a
place for thermography?
6. Haberman JD. The present status of mammary thermography.
7. Isard HJ, Becker W, Shilo R, Ostrum BJ. Breast thermography after four years
and 10000 studies. Am J Roentgenol Radium Ther Nucl Med.
8. Keyserlingk JR, Ahlgren PD, Yu E, Belliveau N, Yassa M. Functional infrared
imaging of the breast.
9. Jones CH. Thermography of the female breast. In: Parsons CA (Ed):
Diagnosis of breast disease.
Baltimore: University Park Press; 1983.
10. Keith LG, Oleszczuk JJ, Laguens M. Are mammography and palpation
sufficient for breast cancer screening? A dissenting opinion.
J Womens Health Gend Based Med. Jan-Feb 2002;11(1):17-25.
11. Report of the Working Group to Review the National Cancer Institute-
American Cancer Society Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Projects.
12. Baker LH. Breast Cancer Detection Demonstration Project: five-year
13. Isard HJ, Sweitzer CJ, Edelstein GR. Breast thermography. A prognostic
indicator for breast cancer survival.
14. Lapayowker MS, Revesz G. Thermography and ultrasound in detection and
diagnosis of breast cancer.
15. NIH/NCI Consensus Development Meeting on breast cancer screening. Issues
16. Head JF, Wang F, Lipari CA, Elliott RL. The important role of infrared
imaging in breast cancer.
17. Arora N, Martins D, Ruggerio D, et al. Effectiveness of a noninvasive digital
infrared thermal imaging system in the detection of breast cancer.
18. Kennedy DA, Lee T, Seely D. A comparative review of thermography as a
breast cancer screening technique.
Integr Cancer Ther. Mar 2009;8(1):9-16.
19. Gonzalez FJ. Infrared imager requirements for breast cancer detection.
20. Head JF, Elliott RL. Infrared imaging: making progress in fulfilling its
21. Mikulska D. [Contemporary applications of infrared imaging in medical
Ann Acad Med Stetin. 2006;52(1):35-39; discussion 39-40.
22. Ng EY, Ung LN, Ng FC, Sim LS. Statistical analysis of healthy and malignant
J Med Eng Technol. Nov-Dec 2001;25(6):253-263.
23. Joro R, Laaperi AL, Dastidar P, et al. Imaging of breast cancer with mid- and
long-wave infrared camera.
J Med Eng Technol. May-Jun 2008;32(3):189-197.
24. Isard HJ. Other imaging techniques. Cancer.
25. Salhab M, Keith LG, Laguens M, Reeves W, Mokbel K. The potential role of
dynamic thermal analysis in breast cancer detection.
26. Mital M, Scott EP. Thermal detection of embedded tumors using infrared
27. Gautherie M, Gros CM. Breast thermography and cancer risk prediction.
28. Jones CH, Greening WP, Davey JB, McKinna JA, Greeves VJ. Thermography
of the female breast: a five-year study in relation to the detection and
prognosis of cancer.
29. Ng EY, Kee EC. Advanced integrated technique in breast cancer
J Med Eng Technol. Mar-Apr 2008;32(2):103-114.
30. Stark AM. The value of risk factors in screening for breast cancer.
Eur J Surg Oncol. Jun 1985;11(2):147-150.
31. Amalu WC. Nondestructive testing of the human breast: the validity of
dynamic stress testing in medical infrared breast imaging. Conf Proc IEEE
Eng Med Biol Soc. 2004;2:1174-1177.
32. de Thibault de Boesinghe L. The value of thermography for the diagnosis,
prognosis and surveillance of non-palpable breast cancer.
J Belge Radiol. Oct 1990;73(5):375-378.
33. Feig SA, Shaber GS, Schwartz GF, et al. Thermography, mammography, and
clinical examination in breast cancer screening. Review of 16,000 studies.
Radiology. Jan 1977;122(1):123-127.
34. Ohsumi S, Takashima S, Aogi K, Usuki H. Prognostic value of
thermographical findings in patients with primary breast cancer.
35. Ng EY, Sudharsan NM. Computer simulation in conjunction with medical
thermography as an adjunct tool for early detection of breast cancer.
36. Kerr J. Review of the effectiveness of infrared thermal imaging
(thermography) for population screening and diagnostic testing of breast
37. Agnese DM. Advances in breast imaging. Surg Technol Int. 2005;14:51-56.
38. Gautherie M, Haehnel P, Walter JP, Keith LG. Thermovascular changes
associated with in situ and minimal breast cancers. Results of an ongoing
prospective study after four years.
J Reprod Med. Nov 1987;32(11):833-842.
39. Head JF, Wang F, Elliott RL. Breast thermography is a noninvasive prognostic
procedure that predicts tumor growth rate in breast cancer patients.
Ann N Y Acad Sci. Nov 30 1993;698:153-158.
40. Dumitrescu RG, Cotarla I. Understanding breast cancer risk — where do we
stand in 2005?
J Cell Mol Med. Jan-Mar 2005;9(1):208-221.
41. Gros C, Gautherie M, Bourjat P. Prognosis and post-therapeutic follow-up of
breast cancers by thermography.
42. Ikeda T, Abe O, Enomoto K, Kikuchi K, Fujiwara K. [Contact thermography
as a prognostic indicator of breast cancer].
43. Ciatto S, Palli D, Rosselli del Turco M, Catarzi S. Diagnostic and prognostic
role of infrared thermography.
Radiol Med. Oct 1987;74(4):312-315.
44. Mustacchi G, Milani S, Sandri P, et al. Telethermography and axillary node
status as predictors of early relapse in breast cancer: preliminary report.
Tumori. Oct 31 1984;70(5):455-458.
45. Sterns EE, Zee B, SenGupta S, Saunders FW. Thermography. Its relation to
pathologic characteristics, vascularity, proliferation rate, and survival of
patients with invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast.
46. Sterns EE, Zee B. Thermography as a predictor of prognosis in cancer of the breast.
47. Head JF, Elliott RL. Thermography. Its relation to pathologic characteristics,
vascularity, proliferation rate, and survival of patients with invasive ductal
carcinoma of the breast. Cancer.
Jan 1 1997;79(1):186-188.
48. von Fournier D, Weber E, Hoeffken W, Bauer M, Kubli F, Barth V. Growth
rate of 147 mammary carcinomas.
49. Stark AM, Way S. The screening of well women for the early detection of
breast cancer using clinical examination with thermography and
50. Nyirjesy I, Billingsley FS. Detection of breast carcinoma in a gynecologic
Obstet Gynecol. Dec 1984;64(6):747-751.
51. Hildebrandt C, Raschner C, Ammer K. An overview of recent application of medical infrared thermography in sports medicine in Austria.
Sensors (Basel). 2010;10(5):4700-15.