Optimal Health Program (OHP)
We will work closely together to develop a comprehensive and customized OHP specifically designed for your health situation and lifestyle.
Educating my clients using pictures, diagrams, clinical studies, and straightforward language is key, so that when you receive your personalized program, you understand it. If you can understand why you need to do something you are much more likely to do it, and the “how” will naturally follow. When we present you with your personalized protocol, we ensure that you understand how you reached your present level of health, so that you have a clear understanding of how you got to where you are, and more importantly, how you are going to get back to optimal health. By the time we have completed the second session, you will have a clear understanding of your main concern and how you will reach your health goals.
In the Optimal Health Program we go through a thorough symptom analysis. Based on your main concerns and what we discover in this analysis, we will recommend the set of testing that will provide the information necessary to assess the root cause of your health challenges. With the Optimal Health Program we are approaching your health from all angles, taking into account genetics, your biochemical make-up, blood work and other data.
What you can expect from the Optimal Health Program
The entire program is 3-6 months in length. We will work closely in the first few weeks of the program as we complete your diet and lifestyle assessment, a thorough intake, health history and symptom analysis. From this, we will determine the best testing for your needs. There will then be a waiting period as tests are run and results are collected.
From this thorough set of data, we will create a customized program for you that meets you where you’re at in your current state of health and offers an actionable plan to follow for the first month. For two months following the initial month of your program, we will be in close contact with you, monitoring your progress and making adjustments as needed.
You can expect to be supported by phone/Skype and email during the three months of this program.
How the program works
This comprehensive program spans approximately three-six months, where you will have 3-4 hours of one-one-one time with our team. We spend additional time creating and customizing your program to suit your specific health requirements.
Step 1: Intake
- Comprehensive health history intake
- Symptom analysis and assessment of roughly 200 possible bodily symptoms
- Diet and lifestyle assessment
- Eating habit review
- Drug and Supplement assessment (amount, brands, forms, interactions, etc.)
- Review of existing blood work and other medical tests
- Review of testing options that are most applicable to your needs
Step 2: Functional Medicine Testing and Analysis*
Following the initial assessment, we will make a recommendation of the best set of testing for your needs. This may include:
- Personal genetic testing
- Comprehensive digestive and microbial analysis
- IgG food sensitivity testing
- Cardiovascular and metabolic screening
- Comprehensive hormone panel
- Estrogen metabolite analysis
- Functional adrenal stress profile
- Iodine challenge test
- Fatty acids profile
- Heavy metals and hair mineral analysis
- Toxic elements
* Note that not all of these tests will be recommend. We will select the ones that make the most sense for your individual needs. Tests are not included in the program price.
Step 3: Customized Protocol
Once we have collected and thoroughly reviewed all the data, and applied it to the information gathered during the intake, we create an evidence-based customized program for you that includes:
- Personalized information package on main concern
- Complete analysis of test results
- Dietary recommendations
- Lifestyle recommendations
- Therapeutic supplementation program
- Supportive material
Step 4: Program Delivery
The full analysis and program development typically takes 2-4 weeks at which point we’ll meet again in person or via Skype where we will go through your entire program with you. This appointment usually lasts from 90 minutes to two hours.
We ensure you fully understand your health challenges, how your test results impact your health, and how your program recommendations are going to work to heal and rebalance you. In short, you will know what you need to do, how you need to do it, and why you’re doing it.
Step 5: Ongoing Support
1 hour of follow up time with Josh will be used as we see fit to assess progress, and to make updates and changes as needed.
Invest In Your Health
EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org or CALL 416.895.7335 to discuss your health challenges or goals, and any questions you may have.
Everyone makes changes at a different pace. I ensure that we work through the programs at a pace that suits you.
No. I believe that each person requires recommendations specific to their individual needs. With all the clients I have worked with, I have never given the same two recommendations.
Yes. My programs involve working with any therapies you are currently implementing. This is integrative healthcare, meaning that we use the best of all therapeutic modalities to get the best results. If you are taking drugs, we make recommendations that will not interact and that will sometimes actually improve the efficacy of the treatment.
Yes. I work with people all over the world via Skype and phone.
It depends who your provider is. You will have to check with them. They will need my qualification (Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner) and registration number (RQ07-152). They might also need to know that this is through the International Organization of Nutritional Consultants.
Here are a few organizations that have been known to cover my services:
- Co-operators Insurance
- Large Group Policies
- RWAM Insurance Administrators Inc.
- Extended Benefits Policy
- TD Canada – Flex Benefits
- Great West Life – depending on the individual plan many “Flex Plans” or “Health Spending Accounts” allow members to allocate their health insurance funds towards complimentary health services. Please check with your insurance company to see if your plan extends coverage to nutrition counseling services.