A question that has been on my mind for a while now and that is commonly discussed amongst my peers is this: “Is the food in our oceans safe anymore, especially with the recent Fukushima disaster?” No one really had a good answer to the query so I began to look for my own answers. During my search I came upon the work of Dr. Helen Caldicott. I began to read her articles and watch her videos, and what I was learning astounded me. I realized that many others like me, had no idea about the implications of nuclear radiation in our environment. Thus, I contacted Helen to help us understand the current state of affairs regarding radiation.
Some key points we discussed…
- The truth about the Fukushima disaster
- What is going to happen to the west coast of North America this month
- How this affects our food supply
- What we (and the government) should/can be doing about it
- What would happen if there is another earthquake in Japan
- How radiation can affect our health
- Why radiation is a “silent killer”
- Which food to never eat
- How you can protect yourself from radiation
- What to consider with regards to CT scans, X-rays, cell-phones and airport scanning machines
The single most articulate and passionate advocate of citizen action to remedy the nuclear and environmental crises, Dr. Helen Caldicott, has devoted the last forty two years to an international campaign to educate the public about the medical hazards of the nuclear age and the necessary changes in human behavior to stop environmental destruction.
Dr. Caldicott currently divides her time between Australia and the US where she lectures widely. In year 2001, she founded the US-based Nuclear Policy Research Institute (NPRI), which became Beyond Nuclear. Currently, Dr Caldicott is President of The Helen CaldicottFoundation/NuclearFreePlanet.org, which initiates symposiums and other educational projects to inform the public and the media of the dangers of nuclear power and weapons. The mission of the Foundation is education to action, and the promotion of a nuclear-energy and weapons-free, renewable energy powered, world.
For more information please visit helencaldicott.com.