Some key points we discussed…
- How is “fresh” orange juice really made
- How Pepsi and Coca-Cola are involved
- Possible health concerns with drinking orange juice
- Why perfume/cologne manufacturers are involved with orang juice
- “Concentrate” versus “Not From Concentrate”
- Where the most nutrition is in the orange (hint: it’s not the inside)
Alissa Hamilton holds a Ph.D. from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and a J.D. from the University of Toronto Law School. She has been a Graham Research Fellow in International Human Rights at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. She is a former 2008-2009 Food and Society Policy Fellow with the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP). She lives in Toronto.
More info about Alissa on her “Squeezed”website.