Some key points we discussed…
- How is “fresh” orange juice really made
- How Pepsi and Coca-Cola are involved
- Possible health concerns with drinking orange juice
- Why perfume/cologne manufacturers are involved with orang juice
- “Concentrate” versus “Not From Concentrate”
- Where the most nutrition is in the orange (hint: it’s not the inside)
Alissa Hamilton holds a Ph.D. from the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies and a J.D. from the University of Toronto Law School. She has been a Graham Research Fellow in International Human Rights at the University of Toronto Faculty of Law. She is a former 2008-2009 Food and Society Policy Fellow with the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP). She lives in Toronto.
More info about Alissa on her “Squeezed”website.
The 5th Season…Allergy Season!May 7, 2013
The Dangers of Mobile Phones and How to Protect YourselfJune 4, 2013
May 13, 2013
Interview with Dr. Alissa Hamilton