The largest organ in the body is the skin.
The skin is our first line of defence against anything trying to damage our body: uv radiation, pathogens, a sharp object.
Many people are surprised when they find out that one of the skin’s main purposes is detoxification. It releases about 2 pounds of waste per day. Thus, we need to be cognizant of what we put on the skin, and more importantly, how we nourish the skin from the inside-out.
True skin protection comes from what we put in our mouth day to day, year after year. No amount of expensive anti-aging cream can maintain the health of poorly nourished skin.
5 ways to ensure healthy, vibrant looking skin well into old age.
- Remove problem foods Countless clients have had complete resolution of their skin problems by eliminating wheat, dairy, and sugar. Many people cannot digest these foods properly, and then as a result, the skin suffers.
- Consume healthy oils Your skin maintains elasticity and moisture by hydrating itself via the diet’s healthy oils. The best oils to consume for the skin are fish oils. Other great oils are flax, hemp, and chia oils.
- Eat plenty of antioxidants UV light, temperature changes, and chemical exposure constantly threaten the skin. Antioxidants protect the skin from these threats. Berries are especially concentrated in antioxidants.
- Take vitamin C Vitamin C is essential for collagen formation. Collagen is the protein that makes up the skin. Wrinkles are formed when collagen is damaged.
- Pycnogenol Pycnogenol contains potent antioxidants that have been shown to rejuvenate the skin and protect it from UVB radiation.