|Date||September 5 - October 9, 2019|
|Location||Online (Details will be emailed)|
|Time||Live Streams: Wednesdays at 12 pm EDT|
Registration is now open
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover the dynamic and emerging role of Therapeutic Nutrition and Supplementation in Natural Healing.
This course covers the foundational knowledge necessary to take your practice and your personal well-being to the next level of optimal health.
Areas of focus include:
- Detailed profiles of major nutritional supplements.
- Nutritional supplementation protocols for many chronic and acute conditions.
- The healing properties of each supplement and food
- The health conditions each supplement and food can improve and/or heal.
Protocols will include recommendations for usage and dosage, interrelationships and interactions with other nutrients, and prescription drug-contraindications. Participants will learn which drugs can deplete the body’s essential nutrients, which supplements can reduce drug side effects, and contraindications of herbs and drugs.
Therapeutic Nutrition and Supplements in Practice is the gateway to learning the healing potential of targeted nutraceuticals.
This program is for you if you are a…
- Nutritionist, health coach, or culinary nutrition expert
- Naturopathic doctor
- Medical doctor
- Nurse or nurse practitioner
- Chiropractor, physiotherapist
- Personal trainer, fitness specialist
- Wanting to learn more about nutritional therapeutics
No matter what your background, you will walk away with the tools to implement natural therapeutics immediately. This is truly the medicine of the future, and the future is now.
“Josh sheds light on how you got to where you are in a way that is both informative and transformational. His simple explanations make your health easy to understand, and the knowledge gained leads to changes you truly believe in.” – Sandra Chabot, Certified Nutritional Practitioner
- What is the human body made of?
- What is health?
- Vitamin supplements: food sources, beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Mineral supplement dosages and indications.
- Safe therapeutic dosing for infants and children.
- Types of essential fatty acids: food sources, beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Protomorphogens (Glandular extracts).
- Amino Acids: food sources, beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Enzyme therapy: what is it, how does it work, who needs it, key benefits.
- Accessory nutrients: CoQ10, alpha-lipoic acid, and others – food sources, beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Contraindications and possible adverse effects of therapeutic supplements.
- Drug + nutrient depletions- what everyday drugs deplete which nutrients in the body.
- Nutritional strategies to mitigate the side effects of pharmaceutical drugs and lifestyle habits.
- Therapeutic use of herbs: beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Medicinal mushrooms: beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Bee medicine: beneficial effects, dosages, forms, indication for need.
- Therapeutic juicing, smoothies and elixirs.
- Juice, smoothie and elixir prescription creation.
- Therapeutic foods.
- Case studies: reviewing real life examples and how therapeutic nutrition and supplementation works.
“Josh’s ability to connect with his students and his remarkable talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior. He is extremely organized, amazingly knowledgeable and approachable. As a pharmacist, I have attended various continuing education lessons, however I found Josh’s lectures to be amazingly applicable and extremely interesting. I would definitely recommend attending Josh’s seminars or webinars to anyone out there who has a real thirst for knowledge.” – Shagufta Karimi, Pharmacist
Key Take Aways
- An understanding of why and how supplements are used
- The potential benefits and limitations of neutraceuticals
- Proper application of vitamin and minerals (dosages, forms, timing)
- Advanced probiotic therapies: Which one to choose and when?
- Basic herbal therapeutics
- Effective use of medicinal mushrooms
- Bee medicine
- Drug-nutrient interactions
- How to use foods, fruits, and superfoods therapeutically
- Effective juice, smoothie and elixir prescription methods
- Protocols for different systems (i.e. digestive, cardiovascular, endocrine)
- How to choose the best supplements for individual needs.
- Five 2-3 hour classes (online recordings)
- Five 1 hour live stream Q&A sessions (classes will be recorded)
- Complete set of 300+ slides
- Course Manual (125 pages)
- Certificate of Completion (more info below)
- September 5: 1st class available for viewing
- September 11 at 12 pm EDT: 1st Live Stream
- September 12: 2nd class available for viewing
- September 18 at 12 pm EDT: 2nd Live Stream
- September 19: 3rd class available for viewing
- September 25 at 12 pm EDT: 3rd Live Stream
- September 26: 4th class available for viewing
- October 2 at 12 pm EDT: 4th Live Stream
- October 3: 5th class available for viewing
- October 9 at 11 am EDT: 5th Live Stream
Certification Upgrade: For a certificate of completion in the Therapeutic Nutrition and Supplements in Practice course, you will need to complete a take-home exam and receive a passing mark of 80%. You have 2 years to complete and submit the exam. Your certificate will be mailed to you within one month of receiving the exam.
What participants have to say…
Debby Martin: “Josh has extensive knowlege of biochemistry and physiology as well as a deep understanding of the course content – which he helps students learn by using teaching strategies such as: diagrams, analogies, Q&A, and review. All questions are encouraged which helps to clarify information and reinforce the content.”
Penny Hopp: “The class was very enlightening and something as a holistic nutritionist was invaluable. Health professionals in general would really benefit from the knowledge provided as it was current and science based. There were so much information that everyone should be aware of for great health.”
Erin Gionet: “I always get so much out of Josh’s courses. I love that I can customize my learning to my needs in a way that works with my schedule. Josh provides exceptional value in his courses. I can trust that I’m learning the most current information from one of the best in the field.”
Sarah Bester: “I signed up for this course expecting a basic refresher on supplementation, but the content of this course far exceeded my expectations! I walked away feeling very knowledgeable about a multitude of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and superfoods, including the mechanism of how and why they work in the body to keep us healthy. Josh’s teaching style works really well for me – organized, well thought out and easy to understand. Josh did a really thorough job in answering every single question that came up, which was greatly appreciated. I would highly recommend this course and I plan on taking many more courses with Josh in the future!”
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t attend any of the live sessions, will I still be able to watch them?
Yes, the recordings of the live sessions will be posted 1-2 days after the session to be viewed at your leisure.
Can I send in questions if I am not able to attend the live question and answer session?
Yes, any questions submitted before the session, will be addressed. (Unless there are too many questions to cover).
How long will I have access to the materials?
2 years. If there are any updates to the information in that time, you will have access to that as well.
Can I get a certificate showing my successful completion of the course?
Yes. You must successfully complete a short open-book quiz with a passing mark of 80%. Your certificate will be mailed within 1 month of receiving the completed quiz. There is a small administration fee of $20.
What is the time commitment for this course?
You can watch and read as much of the material as you like. There is no evaluation of your participation. The purpose of this course is to provide you with the best information on the topic. What you do with it is up to you. You get as much out of it as you put in.
I have listened to many lectures on this topic, what makes this course different?
This course is a comprehensive study of therapeutic vitamins, minerals and other nutrients from a functional medicine perspective. Taking a client’s biochemical individuality into account is essential for optimal health. This course arms the clinician with the tools necessary in understanding the role of specific nutrients and the use of therapeutic foods and supplements to improve the health of your clients.
Still have a question? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com