|Date||January 6 - February 2, 2022|
|Location||Online (Details will be emailed)|
|Time||Live Streams: Wednesdays at 12 pm EDT (Recordings available)|
Registration opens November 30th, 2021.
To be notified, sign up for our newsletter.
In the last one hundred years, 80,000 new chemicals have been introduced into our environment. The result is that annually, 6.5 billion pounds of chemicals are released into the air. 1 The chemical industry is highly unregulated, and the safety principle established for chemicals is, “innocent until proven guilty”.
Using an “innocent until proven guilty” model for chemicals, is like playing a big game of chemical Russian roulette. Someone eventually gets hurt.
Chemicals have become so pervasive that you can find them in the farthest reaches of the earth; in the north and south pole, and the deepest parts of the ocean. In fact, the Environmental Working Group found that every single North American shows traces of over 100 known toxic chemicals.
Exposure to these chemicals is associated with some of the most pervasive modern day diseases including:
- autoimmune diseases (over 70 different ones),
- thyroid issues,
- gastrointestinal diseases,
- cardiovascular disease,
- immune dysregulation,
- Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and dementia,
- degenerative disease,
- and much more
It is becoming more recognized that chemicals play a significant role in everybody’s health. It is imperative to follow a two-pronged approach that includes identifying and avoiding/removing the source of chemicals. And second, clearing the toxins that have settled in the body. The only way the clearing can be achieved is with detoxification and biotransformation.
In this course, Advanced Clinical Focus on Detoxification and Biotransformation, we will examine how to identify a person’s total toxic load and how to effectively and most importantly safely, clear toxins from the body.
This course is for you if you are a…
- Nutritionist or health coach
- Culinary Nutrition Expert
- Naturopathic doctor
- Medical doctor
- Nurse or nurse practitioner
- Chiropractor or physiotherapist
- Personal trainer or fitness specialist
- Individual wanting to learn more about detoxification
You will walk away with a solid understanding of how to intelligently detoxify the body, and be able to implement targeted therapies for yourself, your family, clients and/or patients.
“Josh’s ability to connect with his students and his remarkable talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior. He is extremely organized, amazingly knowledgeable and approachable. As a pharmacist, I have attended various continuing education lessons, however I found Josh’s lectures to be amazingly applicable and extremely interesting. I would definitely recommend attending Josh’s seminars or webinars to anyone out there who has a real thirst for knowledge.” – Shagufta Karimi, Pharmacist
Course Outline (subject to change):
- History of toxicology
- Sources of toxins: exogenous and endogenous
- Clinical consequences of toxin exposure
- Oxidative damage
- Enzyme inhibition
- Damage to DNA
- Damage to cell membranes
- Endocrine disruption
- The 5 Channels of Elimination
- Liver detoxification: Phase 1 and Phase 2
- In depth: Phase 1 (chemicals detoxed, nutrients needed, activators and inhibitors of phase 1)
- In depth: Phase 2 (chemicals detoxed, nutrients needed, activators and inhibitors of phase 2)
- Tests to assess liver detoxification
- Lymphatic system
- How to reduce exposure
- The detoxification diet
- The role of phytochemicals
- Therapeutic foods to promote detoxification
- Therapeutic supplementation
“Josh is by far one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. His knowledge and desire to truly teach his students is second to none. He has an amazing way of breaking down complex information so that it is palatable to everyone. Josh is helpful, patient and pretty funny too. I’ll definitly be taking more classes with him in the future.” – Barbara Baumann, Nutritionist
- A thorough understanding of the detoxification process
- How to identify imbalances in Phase 1 and Phase 2 detoxification
- Common root causes of health issues
- How to restore balance to the detoxification pathways
- How to use targeted diets, foods, nutraceuticals, and mind-body therapies
- How ensure proper detoxification for life
- Four pre-recorded 1.5-2-hour online video classes (released every Thursday, with ongoing access for 2 years)
- Four 1 hour live stream sessions (Wednesdays at 12 pm EDT, recording available if unable to join live)
- Complete set of course slides
- Access to the Private Student Portal containing: recordings, class notes, studies, articles, and handouts.
January 6: 1st class available for viewing
January 12 at 12 pm EDT: 1st Live Stream
January 13: 2nd class available for viewing
January 19 at 12 pm EDT: 2nd Live Stream
January 20: 3rd class available for viewing
January 26 at 12 pm EDT: 3rd Live Stream
January 27: 4th class available for viewing
February 2 at 12 pm EDT: 4th Live Stream
“Josh breaks down complicated health concepts into easy to digest information. He is generous with his resources and knowledge, making his courses useful for both consumers and other health/nutrition professionals. Definitely good value to invest both time and money in one of his education seminars. You’ll come out the other side more knowledgeable and more motivated’. Trish K, Holistic Nutritionist
Frequently Asked Questions
What if can’t attend any of the live sessions, will I still be able to watch them?
Yes, the recordings of the live sessions will be posted 1-2 days after the session to be viewed at your leisure.
Can I send in questions if I am not able to attend the live question and answer session?
Yes, any questions submitted before the session, will be addressed. (Unless there are too many questions to cover).
How long will I have access to the materials?
2 years. If there are any updates to the information in that time, you will have access to that as well.
Can I get a certificate showing my successful completion of the course?
Yes. You must successfully complete a short open-book quiz with a passing mark of 80%. Your certificate will be mailed within 1a few months of receiving the completed quiz.
What is the time commitment for this course?
You can watch and read as much of the material as you like. There is no evaluation of your participation. The purpose of this course is to provide you with the best information on the topic. What you do with it is up to you. You get out as much as you put in.
I have listened to many lectures on detoxification, what makes this course different?
This course is a comprehensive study of the complete detoxification process from a functional medicine perspective. Taking a client’s biochemical individuality into account is essential for successful detoxification. This course arms the clinician with the tools necessary to safety implement detoxification protocols.
Still have a question? Don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
- De Rosa CT, Hicks HE, Ashizawa AE, et al. A regional approach to assess the impact of living in a chemical world. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2006 Sep;1076:829-38. ↩