When I go on vacation I want to be able to enjoy my time to its fullest. This means taking some simple precautions to make sure jet lag is minimal, my energy is abundant, I don’t catch any foreign bugs, and I return home in better health than when I left.
It is estimated that about 30-70% of travellers get some form of travellers diarrhea. 1 And people who are careful not to consume fresh fruits or vegetables, and who make sure everything is cooked and peeled, can also get sick.
In today’s video I discuss the six supplements I never leave home without when travelling to foreign countries.
The 6 Essential Supplements for Travel:
(Note: consult a qualified health care practitioner to determine the right supplements and dosage for your unique biochemistry.)
- Elixir: a great drink to have while travelling with an adaptogenic effect
- Ortho Adapt by AOR (Vegan version)
- ADR Formula by Pure Encapsulations (only available in US)
- Between 1-3mg of melatonin. Choose a brand that delivers the melatonin as a tablet that dissolves under the tongue.
5. Activated Charcoal
I have given these recommendations to many people and I have had feedback ranging from “the activated charcoal saved my life” to “everyone got sick but me”.
Remember, an ounce of prevention equals a pound of cure.
- http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-2-the-pre-travel-consultation/travelers-diarrhea ↩