|Date||October 19 - November 15, 2017|
|Location||Online (Details will be emailed)|
|Time||Live Streams: Wednesdays at 12 pm EDT|
Registration is now closed
“You are what you eat” is only partially true. You are what you eat, digest, and assimilate.
Digestive issues are increasingly common; so common that indigestion such as gas, bloating and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are considered normal. Gastrointestinal distress is one of the most common reasons people seek medical expertise. There are many conditions that result from a compromised digestive tract including:
- irritable bowel syndrome,
- inflammatory bowel disease,
- autoimmune disease,
- gastric reflux,
- thyroid issues,
- candida and dysbiosis,
- inflammatory conditions,
- and many more.
Many integrative healthcare practitioners believe that all disease begins in the gut and science is now corroborating this notion.
This course is for you if you are a…
- Nutritionist, health coach or Culinary Nutrition Expert
- Naturopathic doctor
- Medical doctor
- Nurse or nurse practitioner
- Chiropractor or physiotherapist
- Personal trainer or fitness specialist
- Individual wanting to learn more about digestive health
No matter what your background, you will walk away with a solid understanding of the inner-workings of the digestive tract, and be able to implement targeted therapies for restoring digestive health for yourself, your family, clients and/or patients.
“Josh’s Advanced Clinical Focus: Digestion and GI course is an exceptional and comprehensive offering. His deep understanding of the human body, and rigorous research provided so much insight. IBD in particular is a bit of black hole in western medicine, so the guidance Josh offers about diet and botanicals is especially welcome. One day this approach will be mainstream and the suffering people experience from digestive issues will plummet – until then, this course is really an oasis for GI-based wellbeing. Thank you Josh!” – Rachel Schipper
Course Outline (subject to change):
Class 1: Anatomy and Physiology
- Anatomy of the digestive tract
- A detailed review of the digestive process
Class 2: Pathophysiology
- Treating specific conditions
- The 5 R’s of digestive healing
- Intestinal permeability
- Autoimmune disease and the role of gut integrity
- The human microbiome and how this impacts digestive health
Class 3: Targeted Interventions For Specific Common Conditions
- Hypochlorhydria and hyperchlorhydria
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Ulcers and H. pylori infection
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances
Class 4: Digestive Healing: An Evidence-Based Approach
- Healing diets
- Therapeutic foods
- Therapeutic supplementation
- The mind-body connection
“Josh is by far one of the best teachers I’ve ever had. His knowledge and desire to truly teach his students is second to none. He has an amazing way of breaking down complex information so that it is palatable to everyone. Josh is helpful, patient and pretty funny too. I’ll definitly be taking more classes with him in the future.” – Barbara Baumann, Nutritionist
- A thorough understanding of the digestive process
- How to identify imbalances in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract
- Common root causes of health issues
- How to restore balance in the GI tract
- How to use targeted diets, foods, nutraceuticals, and mind-body therapies
- How to maintain digestive health for life
- Four pre-recorded 1.5-2 hour online video classes (released every Friday, with ongoing access)
- Four 45-minute live stream sessions (Thursdays at 12pm EDT, recording available if unable to join live)
- Complete set of course slides
- Access to the Private Student Portal containing: recordings, class notes, studies, articles, and handouts.
- October 19: 1st class available for viewing
- October 25 at 12pm EDT: 1st Live Stream
- October 26: 2nd class available for viewing
- November 1 at 12pm EDT: 2nd Live Stream
- November 2: 3rd class available for viewing
- November 8 at 12pm EDT: 3rd Live Stream
- November 9: 4th class available for viewing
- November 15 at 12pm EDT: 4th Live Stream
“Josh breaks down complicated health concepts into easy to digest information. He is generous with his resources and knowledge, making his courses useful for both consumers and other health/nutrition professionals. Definitely good value to invest both time and money in one of his education seminars. You’ll come out the other side more knowledgeable and more motivated’. Trish K, Holistic Nutritionist
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t attend any of the live sessions, will I still be able to watch them?
Yes, the recordings of the live sessions will be available after the session to be viewed at your leisure.
Can I send in questions if I am not able to attend the live question and answer session?
Yes, any questions submitted before the session, will be addressed. (Unless there are too many questions to cover).
How long will I have access to the materials?
2 years. If there are any updates to the information in that time, you will have access to that as well.
Can I get a certificate showing my successful completion of the course?
Yes. You must successfully complete a short open-book exam with a passing mark of 80%. Your certificate will be mailed within 1 month of receiving the completed exam.
What is the time commitment for this course?
You can watch and read as much of the material as you like. There is no evaluation of your participation. The purpose of this course is to provide you with the best information on the topic. What you do with it is up to you. You get out as much as you put in.
Still have a question? Please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com